Thursday, March 10, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #5


Bead #5 is really multiple beads-Buckyballs to be exact! I can't help making multiple beads, I am a beaded bead addict :) The math and science of Buckyballs is very interesting, Google it if you want to learn more! I am not a math or science teacher, that is not what I am here for, I am here to show off the goods (so to speak). Here are the Buckyballs!!!

The smallest one is made with two colors of 3mm beads and is about the size of a quarter. The largest (far left) is made with 10mm and 4mm beads. They are surprisingly sturdy and satisfyingly round!

As promised, I try my best to find instruction on the construction of the beaded beads, this week the beast one I found is actually on The Beaded Molecules blog, a scientific blog from Taiwan. It has very clear pictures of the construction of this kind of bead, and uses a two color scheme that really helps.

21 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Spring dates: (7 beads) 3/24, 4/7, 4/21, 5/5, 5/19, 6/2, 6/16

Summer dates: (6 beads) 6/30, 7/14, 7/28, 8/11, 8/25, 9/8

Fall dates: (7 beads) 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love buckyballs. :)
    When you build a dodecahedron onto each pentagonal face, you get Laura Shea's "Eureka" beaded-bead. I like to call them Particles. As in, atomic particles. ��

    ReplyDelete