Thursday, June 30, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #13

Beaded bead #13 is the Galaxy bead by the late Gill Slone. It was featured in the February 2010 issue of Bead and Button Magazine. This bead is made from components that are connected together. It is a bit different than the other beaded beads that I have blogged. I used DB 2035 for the pink, DB 2038 for the purple Delicas, and I used the Miyuki luminous 15's that matched. I haven't used crystals in years... I had to dig through a box to hunt down enough crystals to make this one.


Here it is in my hand for size reference:

Here it is glowing under a blacklight :)

 Other than the magazine, Gill Slone's pattern for this bead was featured in the book Stitch Workshop: Peyote Stitch: Basic Techniques, Advanced Results. The book is available on Amazon. Google Books has the E-copy of the book which has the pattern for this bead. I linked to what I searched since the pattern happens to show up in the Google preview of the book!

13 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Summer dates: (5 left)  7/14, 7/28, 8/11, 8/25, 9/8

Fall dates: (7 beads) 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment