Thursday, October 20, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #21

It is still October even if it is going to be over 80 degrees today. The trees are starting to look like fall, but the warm weather is very strange. Bead #21 is a simple and easy beaded bead made by looping beads over top of a core bead. I used orange seeds and made two fall pumpkins despite the weather!

 I put a headpin through one and left the other ready to use.

For these beads I used Czech hanked seed beads and some 3/4 inch wooden beads I had "laying" around. This type of beaded bead has many options and works on any bead with a large enough hole to accommodate multiple thread passes. I didn't paint my core beads since I was lazy and in a hurry to make beads this time....but they could be painted to match or accent the beaded loops.


The how to:

Mortira vanPelt the author of the blog "Inspirational Beading" has a good picture tutorial of this kind of bead.

Fusion beads also has a free tutorial for making this kind of bead.

My beads are made in a way that is a combination of Mortira and Fusion's tutorials. I string the loops with the largest number of beads all the way around to make the top even making it look like Mortira's, then go back in and add the loops with smaller and smaller amounts of beads in between.

I will start working on the bead for November 3rd this week so that I know it is finished and ready to go. It is always surprising every fall that I seem like I am constantly busy!

Only 5 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Fall dates (4 left)  11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment