Thursday, November 3, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #22

Bead #22- WOW! That means it is already November and there are only 4 beads left! This bead uses a combination of right angle weave (RAW) and peyote stitch to make a beautiful beaded bead/focal.



The how to:
I cannot find the pattern I used the first time I made a bead like this so I am going to generally show you how I made it!

In addition to my photos there are a few tutorials below that show all the techniques that I used to make this bead :)

Using 4mm Czech glass beads (purplish) and size 8's (greenish), I made a strip of RAW long enough to connect together over my 3/4 inch wood core bead- then peyoted around with a row of 8's and and a row of 11's (pink). I did this to both sides of the strip.


  I then added a row of RAW on the 11's that I peyoted in the row before. Again, I did this on both sides.

 I then added another Peyote row of 11's (greenish beads). (Both sides again)

I then Peyoted a row of 15's (blue). Both sides!

I didn't photograph every step like I should have, but this type of bead can be made in many ways. Instead of RAW it can be made in all Peyote, it can be embellished, and it can even be made with all RAW!

Here are links to others that have made this kind of beaded bead. All of the techniques I used to make mine (RAW & Peyote) are in these tutorials.
Searching for patterns for this kind of bead reminds me that part of the fun of being a beader is learning how to overcome the language gap :)  Thankfully pictures are our friends, even when Google translate isn't.

Beading4perfectionists has a youtube video that uses both RAW and Peyote with Crystals to make a beaded bead similar to mine.

Wild Raspberry has a tutorial for "The Bellone" -a beautiful RAW based beaded bead.

Maya from Hungary has a bead that uses RAW to make a beautiful bead with multiple size seed beads and embellishment.


Only 4 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Fall: (3 left) 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment