Friday, December 9, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #25

Only 1 bead to go after this! Part of me will be glad when 2016 is over, part of me will miss having a reason to make beaded beads all year...

This bead is my embellished Zuzana bead. Remember all the way back in April when I blogged about the Zuzana bead designed by Ivona Suchmannova?
Remember how I said I wanted to make one I could embellish?

The core of this bead is designed by the talented Ivona Suchmannova, owner of the blog Spirala beading and the shop Beads of Bohemia on Etsy. Click on over and show her some love!!!


The embellishment on this Zuzana is my own doing! I sent Ivona a message on Facebook showing her what I had made and asking if it was alright for me to share it on my blog. She gracefully said YES! So here is the basic how to of my embellishment:

For the base of this bead please refer to Ivona's Zuzana beaded bead tutorial.

The additional beads needed for my version are 60 Rizo beads and size 15 seed beads.

Start with the base of a Zuzana and add Rizo beads between the top of the pinch beads.
     

Add size 15 seed beads between the Rizo beads, exiting through a size 15.
   

Pick up five size 15 seed beads and pass up through the bottom of the pinch bead, looping over it.

Pass back down through the 15's to secure them onto the pinch bead.

Weave around and repeat for all of the sides always starting from the top between the Rizo beads.

Repeat the embellishment as you go for the entire Zuzana.


I hung these beads on an hook and used them as ornaments! The purple one I sent to a friend who loves purple as much as I do, USPS tracking says it got to her before I posted this. :)

Only 1 bead to go!

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!

Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

1 comment: