Thursday, February 23, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #8: Peyote triangles

2017 Thursday Bead Post #8: Peyote Triangles



There are a bunch of places online to learn how to make Peyote Triangles, one of the easiest to understand (*see my disclaimer) being the Fusion beads step by step illustrated tutorial.  Another place to check out if interested in geometric peyote stitch and triangles is the Contemporary Geometric Beadwork's (CGB) Free Pattern Library which contains pdf's of basic stitching of geometric peyote shapes and tons of wonderful information on the subject of geometric beading.  

If you search Google images or Pinterest for "Peyote Triangles" you will come across many patterns made by Anabel.  Her website has to be translated but is a great source for beautiful patterns, especially Peyote triangle patterns. For this week's post I made my version of a rainbow triangle, based on her pattern!

Click on this picture to go to her page that this pattern is on :)
Did I mention that Luminous Delicas are Blacklight reactive? :)
There are many different ways to incorporate Peyote triangles into beadweaving, for this post I made a single triangle into a pendant. If you have never seen one, a really fun way of using triangles is to make a Kaleidocycle. I have made two, the large one in the video below and a little baby one that is also made from Luminous Delicas like this week's triangle.  I mailed the baby to Kate McKinnon of CBG, they were studying Kaliedocycles for the new book and I volunteered mine! The new CGB book combo is due out soon and from what I understand it is going to have an entire section devoted to beaded machines and patterns! :) 

I learned how to make a beaded Kaleidocycle about a year ago from the Facebook group Seed Beads and More. The instructions I used are available for members in the files section of the group.

video

Britas Beads had a YouTube video of the construction- but it seems she has closed her YouTube account since I wrote this post. It was the only instructions outside the group I have seen. I know there will be instructions in the newest CGB books!

Just a reminder....Put those Bead it Forward squares in the mail!!!

Thanks for Reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀



Coming weeks: 


March 2nd: Flat Herringbone Part II

March 9th: Totally tubular! Peyote & Cellini


March 16th: More tubes! Herringbone -twisted and not




No comments:

Post a Comment