Thursday, March 23, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #12: Chenille Stitch

Chenille stitch is one of my favorite ways to make a bead woven rope. I had no problem finding pictures of pieces that I have made with Chenille stitch! I enjoy trying new things with this stitch. The patterns that can be created and the beads that can be used for this stitch are neverending! I even did some beading this week and made this start of a necklace with small (2.8mm) drop beads and size 8 Demi beads... I would have finished but ran out of Demi beads!

The first time my friend Stephany told me about Chenille Stitch I was skeptical- was there really a new stitch?! I even tried making the same rope with netting to prove a point, but Chenille is its own special thing! It was created by Genevieve Liebaert and brought to popularity on YouTube by Sara Spoltore


Here are a few pictures of other Chenille ropes I have made, since I had pictures I figured I would share:

This necklace originally had a large pendant with it, but I now wear the rope by itself. It is made with frosted permanent finish Tohos.


 This necklace has built in Chenille rope. I attached the wire bail on the glass bead into the stitched rope. It was an experiment that went so wonderfully right! This necklace is actually for sale in my Etsy shop.


This necklace has glass beads that are built into the stitch. It is part of my personal collection and makes for a great summertime necklace! The glass beads get cold where they aren't touching me and I can turn it around for a little neck cooling :)


If you are looking for a tutorial or a "how to" other than Sara's video I can suggest (*see disclaimer):

Interweave has an article with little how to photos.



*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀


Coming weeks: 

March 30th: More tubes! Filled Netting

April 6th: More netting: flat and around things.

April 13th: Flat herringbone Part III


Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment