Thursday, March 30, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #13: Filled Netting

Filled netting is one of the first stitches I learned how to do. I have made so many filled netting bracelets, I made a collage out of some of the better pictures I had! The only one of these that I still have is in the bottom left corner, it is made from lava rock beads that my brother-in-law brought me from his trip to Hawaii!



I learned how to do this stitch the first time from the "Crystal Suspense" project in Beadwork Oct/Nov 2006. I didn't realize until I dug the magazine out that the authors are Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour of Bead Infinitum. If you read my blog, you know that last year I made beaded beads (Beaded bead #15 and Beaded bead #17) designed by these wonderful ladies! 

The first time I made this bracelet I didn't have the round crystals that they used in the pattern so I used 4mm gemstones, size 15 seed beads and Delicas. I still use this combo of beads today. I made the start of a bracelet for this week and found one of my favorites to photograph.

The top rope in this picture is the bracelet I started this week using Fancy Jasper 4mm beads and Duracoat galvanized eggplant colored 15's.  The bottom is one of my favorite bracelets that I made with a mix of 4mm gemstones and some mixed bronze 15's.

If you want to learn how to do filled netting:

Interweave has the entire year of 2006 (6 issues) available for digital download, this includes the issue that I used to learn this stitch.


and Jill Wiseman has a video that shows how to!


*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀


Coming weeks: 

April 6th: More netting: flat and around things.

April 13th: Flat herringbone Part III


April 20th: Peyote Shapes



Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment