Thursday, May 25, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #21: More RAW

Last week I started talking about RAW and covered the basic stitch. This week I am going to blog a few of the other ways to use this versatile stitch.

  
Both of these bracelets have drops "peyoted" in between the basic RAW stitches.

  
Both of these bracelets are RAW embellished  with seed beads.


 Beaded Bead post #24 from last year uses this same embellishment on beaded beads.

There are a bunch of different ways to use RAW.  One of my go to's is to bezel with- Mikki Ferrugiaro of Bead Mavens has an excellent tutorial about how to use RAW to make a bezel. She even has a great equation to determine how many beads to use based on the size of what you are adding a bezel to.


Next week I will talk even more about RAW, but in its 3D form. Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW)!

*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀

Coming weeks: 

June 1st: Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW)

June 8th: CRAW continued...

June 15th: PRAW



Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment